Gets me through rough patches...

1st Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxieties on Him because He cares for you.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Will this be an open book/open notes test???

So, here it is. Me getting ready to journal about my daily adventures in parenting, wife-hood, & finding out who I am and what I was really put on this earth to do...

I'll start off by saying that the past 24 hours have taken me through quite the gamut of emotions regarding my previous stated purpose and trying to decipher what God is telling me through His Holy Spirit. I'm closer to finding peace than I thought I would be.

I went from having a less-than-desirable discussion with my far-away hubs (which left me suffocating in anxiety about the fall & spring) to less than a day later, remembering why this man was chosen to be my husband & why I am SO grateful to God for knowing what He is doing!!! Jason IS my best friend & I need to remember that all I have to do is speak from my heart; and that he (like me!), too, is human and needs time to reflect on new challenges, as I do. He knows there is so much more in me than meets the eye and I love him for so many reasons, but especially because of how he wants me to reach that elusive potential of mine! (I HATED those words on my progress reports in school that would say, "Rhiannon/Roni has GREAT potential," because it reminded me of science and of potential vs. kinetic energy. The example in my head was of a boulder on a cliff had "potential" energy, but didn't DO anything! Ugh! Those comments were nails on a chalkboard and still are [obviously!])

Neither one of us is perfect. In fact, there is only one who is perfect. I remember this from a Bible study a year ago and it helped me view the relationships I had with folks in such a new way. So, keeping that at the forefront of my daily interactions, I hope to share my experience and whatever tokens of wisdom I have while learning from the experience and wisdom of others--including my husband & children. Mya's observations can be so PROFOUND and just put me on the right track!

One more thing I need to realize and act on; that everyone in my life (in the past and presently) has been put here for a VERY specific purpose, too, and will be helping with different lessons that I need to learn. Here's to (or at least coming close) to acing the cumulative exam!

No comments:

Post a Comment